*DETROIT-BASED* POP-UP MANAGER ($20/hr)
Louis is inspired by the home cook. We seek to reach anyone who cooks and offer them high quality tools to make whatever it is they want to cook that day. We are a direct-to-consumer company that believes in authenticity, joy, and in taking risks and innovating. We also work really hard.
We are opening our first pop up in Detroit, Michigan (our hometown!) this Spring. Louis Mart will be open from May 2022 - August 2022, Thursday through Saturday, in Corktown! It will feature all of Louis’ products (pots, pans, bakeware, cozy gear, etc.), goods from Cookette (cookbooks, curated gift boxes, specialty pantry items), and other awesome goodies from small businesses across the country.
This position cannot be performed remotely. This position can be part time. All hires will be paid as independent contractors.
The hours for our popup are:
Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Target hire date: ASAP!
- Drive and build a team-centric culture
- Consistently behave as a self-starter, overcoming ambiguity with ease
- Schedule shifts, process payroll and vacation/time-off requests
- Manage store traffic and flow
- Monitor individual performance of each team member and deliver feedback thoughtfully
- Demonstrate strong conflict management and resolution skills
- Appropriately handle conflicts with customers and employees alike
- Work strategically with the leadership team to improve and develop Louis retail operations and employee experience
- Perform opening and closing duties when needed, including supporting inventory, counting cash and any back of house needs
- Ensure all areas of the pop-up are consistently clean, stocked and organized
- Report any maintenance required in the pop-up to the CEO
- Maintain a 360-view of store operations, facilities, merchandising, and ensure that company and retail standards are being met
- Maintain store supplies and work with CEO to manage ordering processes
- Ensure and maintain proper inventory and execution of inventory counts
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in retail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate professionally, patiently and effectively with customers, team members and corporate partners
- Strong leadership skills; can rally, motivate and develop a team of people
- Can thrive in a start-up environment
- Ability to perform and train to expert hospitality and customer service skills, including having a high sense of urgency, being detail oriented and culturally aware
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial; a problem solver by nature and not afraid of change
- Ability to lead by example--roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it
- Can routinely build an exceptional customer experience and create community
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Ability to fully engage with customers, including sharing product knowledge and creating positive shopping experiences unique to the customers’ individual needs
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 6-8 hours a shift in a retail environment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at any given time; ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Computer and technology proficient
The Ideal Candidate...
- Laughs a lot at work.
- Believes that home cooks are heroes and deserve great kitchen tools.
- Finds joy in the completion of new projects.
- Has great ideas and is excited to work to explore them.
- Is different from our existing team in as many ways as possible.
- Is patient.
- Is a self-starter.
Louis loves you.
Louis is new here. We are a kitchenware company determined to take the stuffiness out of kitchen tools. Louis is sold on the internet, lives in Detroit and New Orleans, and is hungry for growth.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. We do not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.